PT-80 Modulation clicking and tap tempo problems

Alle Fragen rund um Bausätze uk-electronic

PT-80 Modulation clicking and tap tempo problems

Beitragvon dannyboyee82 » Sa 30 Jul, 2016 10:28

Hi there..

First of all, sorry that I cannot write in German.. I feel rude writing in English but unfortunately I don't have any choice!

I built the PT-80 kit with modulation and tap tempo about 6 months ago now, the basic delay side works fine and is a nice sounding delay.

However, when I switch the modulation on I can hear the LFO clock ticking. If I use the delay with my chorus pedal (EHX Small Clone) the tick goes away. Also, sometimes the modulation does not even turn on with the switch.

The tap tempo function works, but I cannot select the multiplier by holding the tap button and adjusting the knob.

I have just used it like this for a while now, but I'd like to get it working fully!

Thanks in advance for your help. I can provide pictures of the circuit if required.

Danny
dannyboyee82

Re: PT-80 Modulation clicking and tap tempo problems

Beitragvon Uwe K. » Mo 01 Aug, 2016 05:05

HI,
Modulation and TAP not working together. This is also written in the manual!

regards Uwe
Weniger ist manchmal mehr
Uwe K.
Administrator

Beitragvon dannyboyee82 » Mo 01 Aug, 2016 06:41

Oh ok.. I do not remember reading that. To be fair, I could have been warned about that when I bought it all together! :(
dannyboyee82

Beitragvon Uwe K. » Mo 15 Aug, 2016 17:26

HI,
Modulation and TAP gives a DC- Voltage to the VCO Input at Pin6 from the PT2399. You can take a trick trying like the Mini Chorus. Lower C12 (47µF) goes to Pin2 (Vref) PT2399 to approx 1µF. The lay the modulation to Pin2 of the PT2399. This modulates the Vref Voltage. The TAP Voltage goes normally to the Pin6 PT2399.
I have it not tested :-D !!

regards Uwe
Weniger ist manchmal mehr
Uwe K.
Administrator

Zurück zu FAQ's für Kit's und Bausätze